Saturday 10 August 2013

A.B.C. - Always Believe in uniCorns.

Well, again, I'm up unreasonably late, and blogging in a deliriously overtired state. Somehow my quiet Friday night in with Stanley Kubrick and Peter Sellers turned into yet another 3am. That's what happens when you discover a batshit new Spider-Man show, I suppose. Batshit being the operative word. This is a Spider-Man show that seems to think it's all Deadpool. Or Family Guy. Or something.

At least it's not as weird as this: a team-up between Marvel superheroes and Phineas and Ferb. WHAT IS HAPPENING, WORLD OF CARTOONS?!

Anyway, a curious, odd, not entirely unenjoyable, but definitely imbalanced day. I guess starting off a day with this (sort of?) inspirational article will do that. Perfect potion to make me even more conscious of my gleeful squandering of free time. Because thinking about that roughly every hour isn't sufficient, apparently. I guess I could take the advice of the article and turn my ill feelings into action. Some would doubtlessly consider keeping up(ish) a blog doing so. But... instead I lie in bed and watch a movie about James Mason in love with a child, then cartoons. Such is the way of the Hatch.

Anyway, I've got a particularly fun fact today, courtesy of the always wonderful George Takei. Are you ready to follow instructions from David Tennant? You know you are. So let's go!

The amount of user comments I read that quipped 
"I wish Scotland's national animal was David Tennant" made me smile. 

Didja do it yet? Didja didja didja? 

Well I hope you did, lest this be considered a spoiler. 

#28: Scotland's national animal is... THE UNICORN.
Yup. 

Actually. 

Technically they also have a second, the "red lion". But who cares, because unicorn. 

So there you have it. 


I also discovered that (and hell, I'll call this fact #29) in Iceland, construction permits are often re-routed to accommodate perceived dwelling places of Elves. Kristy particularly enjoyed that one.

Now go! Begone! Go watch Glengarry Glenn Ross, as the Cracked article recommended about a bajillion times. Let it inspire you to do something fulfilling with your life. Honestly though - I don't mean that sarcastically. The article is a pretty potent lead. I mean read. Dammit Alec Baldwin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment