Friday 2 August 2013

Bee-List Lovin'

KRISTY JUST OFFERED TO BUY ME A MANTA RAY AND NOW I'M HOLDING HER TO THAT. Let it be known amongst all of Blogger!

Also, hi.


My quote of the day so far - unintentional in its humour, I might add - was: "If I weren't so lazy, I would... do something." This may as well be ascribed on my tombstone at this rate.


That said, I've actually done a bunch of reading/quote pulling/productive email-answering and the like today in spite of my microscopic attention spa-oh look!
A heartwarming whale video! 

Yeah.


Too many oreos have made my mouth all sticky.


But look, faithful padawans! I have unearthed a fact for you, in the midst of my general Hatchery! And it's in pictorial form and everything!


#22:

I found this on Victoria's facebook (so thanks for that Victoria). Her annotation was "I don't know about you, but today has been a rough day for me. Still, it's good to remember that things could be worse. You could have been born a male honeybee, for instance..." Spot on. 

The picture neglects to mention that Mr. Bee's penis also gets stuck inside Mrs. Bee during said coitus. Ouch. 

But, as Jim Carrey puts it here,

"YOU MARRIED HER!"


"That's gotta hurt." 

I love The Mask more than most things on this planet. This is very important to understand about me. Jess gets it. 

So there you have it. Add this to the list of strange or horrifying animal sex habits (Squids still win - so much so that I wrote a play about it!). At least, unlike the anglerfish or praying mantis, no decapitating or absorbing is involved. That's a bit weeeeiiiird. All too applicable to human relationships too. Anglerfish Love Story, the sequel to Cephalopod Love Story, is still going to happen, gosh darn it. But I digress.  

And now, I will leave you wondering who the next Doctor will be (Ben Whishaw - my personal favourite? Peter Capaldi? Some unknown?). Or enjoying this. Y'know - in case you like Sherlock. Or mustaches. Ideally both. 


No comments:

Post a Comment