Friday 12 July 2013

The cost of fairies

Today, I had my first three-way.


Three-way SKYPE CONVERSATION, that is! Jeez, get your mind out of the gutter. What do you take me for - some kind of trollop? Forsooth!

At any rate, Skyping with Mike and K-Cam was more fun than a sack of ferrets, and much overdue. However, while doing so, as it so often does, the conversation turned to Pokémon. We exchanged our educated opinions on Pokémon X and Y, both coming out this fall. And, in looking into some of the new Pokémon, I discovered that there is a new Pokémon type. That new type is... the Fairy type.


Yes, you read that correctly. Fairy type.

They look like this.

pangoro.png

Or this:


pangoro.png
The new "Eeveelution" - Fairy type.


Yeah, this is the kind of thing that seems custom-made to make me embarrassed to still play Pokémon.

Most of the new ones, arguably more than any other generation, look like dumb fan art made by artistic eight year olds. There's even frickin' pandas.






Skrelp is kind of cool though (if only for the name), as is the world's first sword Pokémon, Honedge. 


Sigh. 

The worst part is, I know I'm still going to buy this game, and will almost certainly still love it. When will I leeeaaaaarrrrrrnnnn

On to my fact of the day, which (unintentionally but awesomely) is loosely connected with Pokémon.
pangoro.png 
#9: the most expensive city in the world to live in, currently, is Tokyo, Japan. 







Osaka is the second most expensive city, and Sydney, Australia is the third. The rest of the list you can find here. For some reason, I had thought Vancouver placed in the top ten, but maybe that was just overblown rumours circulating from people trying to bolster the awesomeness of where my rump currently rests, to quote Pumba. 

So there you have it. I'm off to actually do some thesis work like a good little grad student now, and not just revert to (you guessed it) Pokémon, as I so often do. 

Pacific Rim tonight, yo! 







No comments:

Post a Comment