Wednesday 31 July 2013

Money money money, must be funny, in a time-traveling world full of brown powder


I'd keep apologizing for all those days I don't post, but a) I hate all of those series of youtube vlogs that always begin with "Hey guys [for whatever reason, they ALWAYS start with this exact wording. No joke. I dare you to find me exceptions. I double-dog-dare you!], sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've just been really busy with __________ [insert bullshit uninteresting excuse you don't care about that probably involves schoolwork, their cat having worms or "just having a lot of stuff going on"]". Also, b) you don't care, and probably are not following this religiously anyway.

At any rate, I totally had time to blog yesterday, but was too excited about seeing The Wolverine (surprisingly good, if not memorable! Actually filming it in Japan was a plus. Check 'er out, bub!), and Mamma Mia! in the park. I was singing basically all day. Before and after the movie. Yeah.

So, for those of you who, arbitrarily, actually are horrifically offended that I didn't post yesterday, I have TWO facts! Yes, I have a fact from yesterday AND a fact for today! Yay, blog karma! Or something. I don't care.

So here goes!

#19: Working with paper money can grind off your fingerprints! [thanks to Megan for that one]

And...

#20: This beauty, from Bill Bryson's majestic book The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (one of Kristy's favourite books - she recommended it to me as early as the beginning of this blog, and I only got around to starting it yesterday, in the midst of trying to simultaneously read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and World War Z - superb thus far though; chock full of Bryson wittiness):

In 1951, "police seized a youth on suspicion of possessing narcotics when he was found with some peculiar brown powder, but he was released when it was shown that it was a new product called instant coffee."













Basically.

So there you go! And now, just for funsies, this slice of awesomeness...


Sometimes movies are awesome. As is time-traveling in movies, making this possible. As is James McAvoy's shirt. As is the fact that Ian McKellen joked about marrying Michael Fassbender, his 'younger self'. Theses could be written about the hilarious mind-fuck-iness of that. 

Bai! 

No comments:

Post a Comment